Last Friday (30th June) saw the 123rd anniversary of the official opening of London’s iconic landmark Tower Bridge. We’re very proud of our Tower Bridge HD TV studio location and to celebrate this anniversary we want you to tweet/Facebook/Instagram us your best Tower Bridge pics. The best photo will be announced on Twitter on Friday 14th July and the sender will win two tickets to the Tower Bridge Exhibition and £100 voucher for lunch or dinner at the delicious Butlers Wharf Chop House with views overlooking the bridge. So, get snapping!
Did you know?..
- Tower Bridge took eight years to build (1886 to 1894)
- The bridge combines elements of a suspension bridge design with elements of a bascule bridge design. It has two towers linked by two walkways and suspended sections to either side of the towers stretching towards the banks of the Thames
- It was designed by English Architect Sir Horace Jones
- More than 400 workers helped to build the bridge and over 70,000 tons of concrete was sunk to the bed of the Thames to support it
- Over 40,000 people use Tower Bridge every day
Trickbox TV has a fully equipped multi-camera HD television studio with spectacular views of Tower Bridge, City Hall and the London skyline, offering an ideal location for broadcast, corporate and commercial productions and live webcasts that require a London-centric backdrop, as well as high quality HD production services.